Employment Opportunity: Custom Picture Framer / Design Consultant
We are accepting applications for a Custom Picture Framer / Design Consultant.
Preferred applicants will have:
– At least 2 years experience. Willing to train the right person.
– Knowledge of traditional and contemporary art and design styles and trends with an interest in how they relate to artwork display and framing.
– Education / experience in the field of Fine Arts, Interior Decorating or Interior Design.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Ability to work independently, accurately and carefully under moderate to tight deadlines.
– Strong skills working with your hands.
– Ability to creatively problem solve. Working with a variety of artwork, objects and materials to find effective and attractive display solutions.
– Valid driver’s licence.
– Willingness to apply previous experience and adapt to the methods, techniques and procedures of this particular business.
Experience in some or all of the following: (Training provided)
- Mat cutting. – Gunnar 601 RS computerized mat cutter / Mat Creator GMC 2.0 software & hand-cutting mats.
- Cutting and joining a wide variety wood mouldings.
- Cutting and joining aluminum mouldings.
- Stretching canvas.
- Glass cutting.
- Dry-mounting various types of pieces using a heat-press.
- Basic sewing skills. ( Mounting fabric pieces, sports jerseys, etc.)
- Art installation.
- Working with oversize artworks. (up to 6ft x 9ft +)
- Photoshop / Fine art printing
Partial List of Responsibilities:
- Assisting clients with frame design, entering orders into FrameReady software.
- Providing quotes in person, by email or telephone.
- Ordering/sourcing material from various suppliers.
- Assist in all aspects of picture framing and gallery sales.
- Assist customers picking up orders, receive final payments.
- Develop and learn design skills for custom picture framing including: measuring accurately, choosing tasteful and proper framing products for the piece being framed.
- Develop knowledge of conservation framing, treatment and proper handling of artwork, photography, shadowboxing, and materials needed to design the orders.
- Help keep work areas & showroom clean.
- Occasionally assisting in art installation projects off-site in office & residential environments.
We are currently looking to fill a position for 4-5 days a week.
- Compensation to be discussed.
- Medical/Dental benefits.
**No phone calls or drop-ins please.** – Please send a short cover-letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org