Depth of Stretcher Frames:
We have a wide selection of stretcher bar moulding in various depths on-hand. For example: 1/2 inches – 3 inches are popular depths of stretcher bar used. If you are requiring something different, we would be happy to build you a stretcher frame to your specific needs.
Outside dimensions of Stretcher Frames:
We can also accommodate any size of stretcher frame you might want. From miniature to 8ft x 10ft stretcher frames and even larger; we can customize any size you want.
Once the stretcher frame is built, we have to stretch the canvas onto it. Here are some examples of canvas and other materials we are able to stretch onto stretcher frames:
- Primed and un-primed blank canvas.
- Re-stretching painted canvas onto a different depth of frame. ie) If the current stretcher frame is too deep for the frame you would like to fit it into.
- Tightening up of an older canvas, or textile artworks.
- Photographic and Gicleé images printed on canvas.
- If you have purchased artwork and it has been removed from it’s stretcher frame for shipping purposes, we can build you a new frame to the size needed.
- If you need to ship a work on canvas, we can advise and possibly remove the canvas from it’s frame, roll it and package it in a cardboard or plastic shipping tube.
Please Note: We take great care in handling works that may need to be re-stretched. It is possible that the age and condition of your painting may limit us in what we are able to do. Before starting your order, we will consult and advise you on the best way deal with the piece at hand.
Other Types of Stretching:
We can stretch a variety of works other than canvas. And we can help to determine if whether or not stretching is the best possible option for your artwork. Here are some examples of items other than canvas that often require stretching treatment:
- Fabric panels
If you have any questions regarding a canvas, other textile piece, or an upcoming project, please call: 604-558-3040 or email: email@example.com.